Thursday, February 12, 2009

Running Again and Again - But Not Too Much

So I ran again on Wednesday. This is a big deal. As pathetic as that seems.

I ran a half marathon last November, so WHY would it be such a big deal that I ran yesterday? Well, while I was training for the half marathon, I ran 102 miles in October. I ran the half midway through November and only ended up running 46 miles in November. I took a little break, okay?

But then, December? Only 21 miles. And worst of all, January...8.7 miles. Total. That's for the WHOLE month of January. I think this happened for a few reasons. First, I burned out overtraining for the half. I was training with a group, and was following their intermediate plan. It was a LOT of miles. Possibly, too many. Then, winter hit. Hard. This has been a very cold, very snowy New England winter. Excuses, excuses.

Now I am back at it. I've signed up for another Half Marathon, and am going to train for it. But, hopefully, not too hard.

So, it's a big deal that I ran yesterday, and last Monday and last Sunday. It's only February 12th and I've already run more miles than last month!

No comments:

Post a Comment