Thursday, February 26, 2009

I may not run marathons - but I did stay at a Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn. I'm not sure, but I think that must translate in some language to "Really Awful Shower". My only choices were boiling hot or freezing cold. Poor water temparature control + low water pressure + crappy massage shower head = boiling hot water shooting out at me every 5-7 seconds.

Anyway, since I am in the lovely city of Woburn, MA at a Holiday Inn, my running choices were a bit limited. I had to resort to the DREADMILL. The lovely Holiday Inn "fitness room" was being renovated, so the temporary fitness room consisted of a treadmill, a stairmaster, a stationary bike and a 27" TV. I got on the dreadmill with plans of running three miles. It was painful. I put on the TV, flipped channels. Mind you, there was no remote, so I had to pick my channel and volume prior to getting on the treadmill. I chose ... wait for it ... American Idol Results Show, which is redundant for boring on a good day. On a treadmill that is so loud, you couldn't hear a jackhammer let alone the TV, the American Idol Results Show is pure torture.

I started playing games with myself. Ooh, it's a commercial, can I guess what it's for before the product is shown? Hmm, let's see...a girl, playing, in the trees, ooh orange trees, it's a commercial for orange juice! Wait, no the mom is sneezing, allergy medication! Nope, Nyquil. Oh well.

Did I mention my view consisted of a brown door three feet in front of the treadmill? Really, captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment