Saturday, February 21, 2009

6 Baby!

As you can see from my Twitter update -->

I just ran 6 miles today. It's been a loooooooooong time since I've done that. It didn't really feel that bad either! My time was 1 hour, 2 minutes, which is the same as my first 10k RACE last June. I feel pretty good, that an "easy" 6 mile run today came it at the same time as a race I ran last year. Last February I was only running 3's and 4's, so I'm ahead of the game, which is great.

As I've mentioned, I signed up for the Great Bay Half Marathon in April. I don't have any time goals since it's the beginning of running season. Finishing would be great!

I'm thinking of repeating some (if not all) of the Seacoast Series races. They were a lot of fun, and it will be fun to see my times improve (hopefully!).

For me, I need to sign up for races in order to motivate myself to run. And I really need to run. For health reasons of course, but I really find that I am a lot nicer and a lot more tolerant when I run. It's either that or start drinking. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment