Monday, April 13, 2009

Weird Behavior in Designer Client?

Anyone else have this? When I am in the Designer client (8.0.2) and am working on some Lotusscript, say in an action or something, if I get an email in my Notes client, the focus in Designer is taken from the action and puts me up in the "Window Title". I don't have popup notification (because it's too distracting!), just the icon in the system tray. This behavior drives me a little nutty when I'm in the middle of coding something and it loses focus. I have enough trouble keeping focus!

5 comments:

  1. Happens to me all the time and I don't have any type of email notification enabled at all.

    I just unchecked "Refresh Inbox Automatically" and I'm guessing that will solve the problem as the Standard Notes client has horrible horrible focus issues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Notes taking focus in strange ways is driving me crazy in Notes 8.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way congrats on the Great Bay half marathon. It's a great area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least I'm not alone. Misery loves company, huh? :)

    Thanks Carl! I just recently noticed, you're in New Hampshire, too, right?

    David, let me know if that works!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No luck on changing that setting. However, if I close out of the mail tab my focus never gets stolen.

    ReplyDelete