Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Lotusphere 2010!

Due to the high cost of Lotusphere and the poor economy, I almost didn't get to go to Lotusphere this year. In fact, had I waited to book just a month, my company would not have paid for it. Luckily, I had already paid the registration fee and it is non-refundalbe!

When I got back, I suggested my co-worker and I write up our thoughts on each of the sessions we attended. We each did a presentation that included the session titles, the session abstracts and our comments about what we learned and how it applied to our jobs and our company.

It was very well received by a partner of the firm and by the COO. The COO joked about me writing twice as much next year. [insert record scratching noise] You mean, I actually get to go next year?! I thought for sure, this would be my second and last Lotusphere. Now, I don't have anything in writing for next year, but that is certainly promising!

* Note: Almost more surprising is the fact that the COO seems to have actually read all 20 pages of the presentation!

No comments:

Post a Comment