Monday, January 26, 2009

Running Schedule

A running what now? Oh yeah, a running schedule. Seems like I made one up in preparation for the Great Bay Half Marathon that I am supposedly running in April.

Hmm, now what did I do with that schedule? Oh yes, I promptly forgot all about it. I had fabulous visions of running at least three times while I was in Florida for Lotusphere 2009. Ha! I brought all of my cute little running skirts, expecting 60 or even 70 degree temps. Try 30s and 40s. I ran once and froze. I did not get a chance to run again. Or rather, I was not willing to wear a running skirt and short sleeve shirt in 30 degree weather.

So, what is on tap for me now? Well, according to my running schedule, I am supposed to run Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, between 2 and five miles depending on the day.

Judging by the upcoming temps...that may be tough.

Jan 26 - 21°/8°
Jan 27 - 26°/12°
Jan 28 - 27°/23°
Jan 29 - 27°/18°
Jan 30 - 33°/15°
Jan 31 - 28°/17°

Where did my motivation go? I seriously need to just HTFU and get out there. Anyone want to come here and kick my butt?

3 comments:

  1. Just gotta get out there and get it done...I think about not running every single day in the winter... but the keys are to obviously have a partner (at least one) that you can meet up w/ (that way you both keep each other honest) or if you have to go solo (which most of us do most of the time), you just need to shake off that thought of bagging it as soon as it starts. I have conditioned myself to immediately start getting my cold weather gear on as soon as I start thinking about NOT going out :)... it works. My mind says one thing and I subconsciously go and just get ready...then I sit around and when I start to think about taking my gear off and bagging the run again, I immediately run to the door and get out there before my mind talks me out of it :). Not sayin' that will work, but it's what I do and for the first 5 minutes it sucks, but then after that you get warmed up and you are sure glad you got it done after! Good luck the rest of the winter w/ your training!!! What you do this winter will pay off in the Spring.

    - JJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I KNOW what you are saying is true. It's just a matter of making myself do it! Immediately after writing that post, I emailed some runners I know to enlist their help! It's actually a "nice" day today, but my schedule has 0 time for running. Tomorrow I WILL run. I don't care if it's 0 degrees and a blizzard - I will run tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I just wanted to send you a note of encouragement. I agree--you just have to get out there. Last weekend I ran in my first half-marathon (aptly named the Hypothermic Half) in -15C (3F). Most of our training was done in that kind of weather (for example: the Resolution Run temperature was -20C (-4F). I know how hard it is to get out when it is cold, but just think of the feeling you get, about 10 minutes into your run, when you are toasty warm and wondering why everyone who is out walking is all bundled up!! I used to fear winter running but have now become a convert. Every Sunday morning the local running store holds a free practice run. It is unbelievable the number of people that show up to run in any weather--from novice to seasoned runners. That's the encouragement I need. I will keep good running thoughts for you!!

    ReplyDelete